Choose My Course
Ready to get started? All you need to do is choose the material you want to use, and provide the information below. The formula below will tell you how many CE hours you can earn. We calculate CE hours in quarter hour increments (.25 CE hours). The cost is $8.00 per CE hour ($2.00 per each .25 CE hour). When you are done reviewing the material, click the "Take Test" menu button from your member home page and follow the prompts. You can save your answers and come back later to complete your post-test. Just remember to log back into your account and click the "Take Test" button.
- Books — 24 pages = 1 CE hour (6 pages per each .25 CE hour)
- Journal Articles — 8 pages = 1 CE hour (2 pages per each .25 CE hour)
- Audio/Video Tape, CD, DVD — 1 hour = 1 CE hour (15 minutes per each .25 CE hour)
Please keep in mind that the material you choose must be non-fiction, and geared towards a Master’s level learner. Materials that are designed for a layperson will not be accepted for CE credit. Use the following guidelines to help you in choosing appropriate material:
- The subject matter must be relevant to the practice of counseling, therapy, and/or social work.
- The subject matter must cover either direct patient care (e.g., theoretical frameworks, interventions techniques, etc.), or indirect patient care (e.g., legal or ethical issues, consultation, office management, insurance, supervision, etc.)
- The subject matter must be based on a methodological, theoretical, research, or practice knowledge base, and demonstrates credibility through the involvement of the broader mental health practices, education, and science communities in studying or applying the findings, procedures, practices, or theoretical concepts; or must be related to ethical, legal, statutory, or regulatory policies, guidelines, and standards.
If you have any questions about the appropriateness of your material for CE credit, please contact us. We would be happy to review your material before you submit it. If you submit a course that is not acceptable for CE credit, we will promptly contact you and issue a full refund.